I was here

The sublet period ended, and I had to move out of the studio. I spent a year there. It was not a long time, but I had a lot of fun with the artists who stayed in the building. I wanted to leave a trace that I was there. I did not want to do it where it was too obvious; the space had to be a surprise. As I was looking for it, with a pen in my hand, I saw light bulbs in the ceiling.
Light is part of everyday life of which one appreciates its presence only when it is absent. I secretly changed the original light bulbs to new LED bulbs in the studio and the building where I stayed; each new light bulb has a message from me.


I was here- Ceiling lamp
2013,  5cm x 35cm x 2cm, Led Fluorescent type bulb, acrylic texts


I was here- work table lamp
2013, 6cm x 11cm, White LED bulb, Acrylic texts


I was here- Corridor lamp
2013, 120cm x 3cm, LED Fluorescent type bulb, acrylic texts
I was here- Toillet lamp
2013, 6cm x 11cm, Orange LED bulb, Acrylic texts